Friday, October 22, 2010

Intro to me

I guess I should start by giving my background.  This is the just basics, I will go into detail in future postings.

I was born in the great state of Kentucky.  My mother is from there and my father is from Pennsylvania.  I only lived there with my parents for a year before we moved to the house my parents still occupy.  I have an older brother George, and a younger sister Gretchen.  More about my family later.

I grew up in Pa German country and can speak a little of the language and talk with a bit of the accent.

I went to school from K-12 in the Oley Valley School District and graduated from high school in June of 1996.  That fall I went to West Virginia University Institute of Technology and studied Civil Engineering.  I dropped out without receiving a degree with my last semester being fall of 2001.

Since then I've had various other jobs, notably a Boat Loader for a couple years, a taxi driver for 13 months, a volunteer camp counselor for two weeks and I currently assemble ventilation hoods for high end residential kitchen ranges.

For a little more than 5 years I've been living in the city of Reading, Pa.

But most importantly...



I am a born again believer in the God of the Bible and his son Jesus of Nazereth.  This is central to who I am, not my job, not my hobbies, not the stuff I own, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment